Sunday, December 30, 2012

Testimony, a story worth sharing :)

So I was given the opportunity to share testimony on today's Sunday service in HOPE KS. It was quite a last minute thing for me because I only got the message from church brother yesterday and I have not prepare anything yet. But looking at this as an opportunity to serve and thinking I do have something in mind to share, I agreed to share on the next day. So this post in basically about how I came to know God, and how He bring me into this amazing family of Christ. 

For your information I come from a non-Christian family, so Jesus Christ was just a "logo" for Christian before I know God. 

At the year 2010, I was invited by a new friend to join this Christian event known as the "ISCF Rally". This was the first Christian event that I ever attended in my whole life, and this was the first time ever I came to know more about Jesus Christ. I basically don't remember much about what was preached that night but I remember I was moved, but thinking that I need to consider about what my family will think and so on, I did not do anything at all. When I came back from that event, I started reading some of the bible verses on twitter posted by different people. That's what I did for that whole year. 

On the following year, I was invited again to join "ISCF Rally" and by God's grace, I accepted Christ that night. I don't really remember what was preached *again* but that night I just know that I needed God in my life and I give in to Him. But nothing really change after that night, life goes on like normal, I don't pray, I don't have a bible, I don't go to church and so on. But our amazing God is just so amazing, He didn't let me go away from Him after that night, He sent my Christian friend in form 6 to come and talk to me. These friends of mine, they taught me about prayer, taught me about bible and encourage me to join their fellowship and Sunday service. Initially I was reluctant to join their activity because all this is a whole new different thing in my life and I wonder my family members will not be happy about it, therefore I hold back from joining them. But they never give up on me, they still sms me every week to ask me whether am I joining their Friday fellowship and I'll find all the reason to not join them. 

Then there comes one of the worse part of my life, my father was in and out of hospital for times because of his health condition, and my family was falling apart. I live in fear every night, fear of my parents argument, fear of my father health condition, fear of unable to continue study for some reason. There comes a night that when I was so helpless, I remember Jesus, I remember prayer and I started praying. From there, I was given peace in my mind, and I started praying ever since. That was the only thing I did as a "Christian" at that point of time. Then God is so amazing that He answer my prayer, he not only gave me peace but also to my family. Not immediately obviously but from time to time. 

After realizing what God has done for me, I know I also need to do what He want me to do. So I decided to join my friend in their church which is Klang Presbyterian Church. I started joining their camp, which was the first step I took to grow in Christ. Thank God also, he not only placed me in a group with all my form 6 friend who encouraged me, he also gave me a very good teacher which I look up to, Uncle Jacker. With this group of people, I can easily share my thoughts and ask freely whatever question that I have in mind. The camp was an eye opener for me, I know a lot more about God and Christianity. When I came back, I told myself that I want to know more about God, so I joined Friday youth fellowship at KPC and know God more. Due to family issue, I still don't join any Sunday service.*once or twice only as far as I remember*

Just when I got to know that I'm coming to Sarawak to further my study. I'm worried at that point of time, because all the time I'm in Klang, I was brought up by my friend. What happen when I'm coming here alone, it's like I'm lost. But my friend told me, don't be afraid, pray and God will provide a way for you. They also prayed for me as well. Just when I'm in Unimas, I was quite lost but again God brought me His people, Brother John and Brother Peter, they are Unimas graduate and yet passionate people to serve the Lord in HOPE KS up till now. These brothers came to ask us to join their "new-intake" dinner, that time I was like "Wow, God has sent me His people again", prayed and thank God for it. Then thanks to Thomas, the only Christian I know back in Klang to accompany me to join this event, I set foot into HOPE KS for the first time. 

HOPE KS is the church first church I joined in Sarawak and it's the church that I have been all this while here. Praise the Lord for the amazing people that I met here. There are the church leader who's unimas graduate and serve in HOPE KS up till now, and also all the brother and sister who's from Unimas and UiTM. Then at here, I was given a lot of opportunity to serve God, be it in any way and I'm still looking forward to serve the Lord more. 

The reason of this post is to remind myself how God has brought me this far. And the truth is that I'm really thankful for God. Church asked us to find word to thank God today and I was out of word, because of the love that God has for us that is so amazing that I just can't put it to word. But I know that God he know what I have inside me. To you all out there, always remember that God has the best thing for you. What you've planned and prayed might not happen but know that its not happening because God has something better for you in His mind. Have faith in Him. 

Here's a verse that I want to share with you all, it's a verse that really connect to me since the day I know Jesus up to today. It's also one of the verse that I so appreciate that I memorizes it.

Jeremiah 29:11 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

Thank you all for reading this lengthy post, and I appreciate you who read up to this line. Thank you and may the good Lord bless you. 

Regards,
Pangky Pang

No comments:

Post a Comment